Saturday 16 January 2010

Was beginning to think agoraphobia, due to the surprisingly enjoyable weather-related confinement, had set in but no, with nerry a glance back I skipped outdoors and into the passenger seat of our snow-released car. It is now I must apologise to my regular blog readers, for it has been pointed out to me that bottoms seem to feature a worrying amount. But, despite that observation, I have to report that somehow the melting snow had seeped through the car door and into the cushion residing on the passenger seat - on which, of course, I sat down. Without mentioning the b word again, it is sufficeth to say a part of my anatomy became wet. Anyway, after flinging said cushion over my shoulder onto the backseat, though clipping the headrest first sending it obliquely into my husband's head (which didn't go down well), I located a plastic bag and sat on that for the journey that my derring-do husband accomplished with expertise, our slushy icy sideroads still being somewhat hazardous.

We had ventured into town a) for me to keep my appointment with my very nice hairdresser who keeps my hair trimmed in good order (I would say 'very nice' even if I hadn't given her my blog address thus knowing there was a good chance she would read it); b) to return the slanket (blanket with sleeves)given as a present, because it is so vast you could hide a herd of elephants in it; c} for husband to change the M & S trousers I had given him because I had got the inches and cms mixed up and he had never ever been that shape.

Sent my lovely sister-in-law a card to express the whole family's relief that her hip operation had been a success. Hip hip hooray. The old ones are always the best.