Friday 25 November 2011

LITTLE CROW

Caw stone the crows, I've just realised how significant the handsome black bird has become in my life. 


1. It's the name of my very own company: Little Crow Publishing


2. If you add 'borough' to it it's the name of the town where I now live.


3. A crow features in my last year and this year's Christmas card designs - and will probably do so for evermore.


Someone on the radio the other day said that crows are as clever as apes, maybe even cleverer. For instance, if there is water in a narrow container that is too shallow for them to reach, they just plop stones in until the water level rises and they can have their fill. Bloody brilliant! For a laugh I'd like to try them out with ice cubes but a) it's difficult, and cruel, to catch a crow for experimental reasons, and b) Mr A keeps using all the ice cubes for his campari and soda and not filling up with fresh water. Humph. (Sorry, I realise I'm getting quite a humpher.)