Friday 15 October 2010

After going to the private view of the Royal Society of Marine Artists' Exhibition in the Mall Gallery on Tuesday, we staggered over to Trafalgar Square to see the ship in a bottle, the latest bit of nonsense, I mean art, installed on the fourth plinth. Depictions of my two brightly painted collared doves mentioned in my last two posting might have been more interesting, especially if they moved. I have to say there were a lot of ships on display in London, although as we'd just been viewing a maritime exhibition maybe my judgement on that score was skewed.

Disappointingly, there were no nibbles or wine on offer at the private view so by the time we arrived back home we were ravenous and scoffed the fish and chips we had bought en route using our fingers and ramming the food into our mouths in a quite disgusting way. Food had rarely tasted so good.