Wednesday 24 February 2010

Think negative, it saves a lot of fed-upness.

Today, my twenty-four year old granddaughter expressed relief, via an e-mail, that Spring would quickly follow this short month of Feb. Not wanting her hopes to be cruelly dashed, I cruelly dashed off this reply:-

Oh lovely granddaughter, try not to be fooled by the promise of Spring after this short February month. Daffodils and baby lambs are all very well but they don't stop the snow and icy winds blowing. I know that years ago you wouldn't believe me when I told you that Father Christmas wasn't real, but as I was proved right then (although perhaps a little un-grandmotherly) you should now heed my following words:-

 It is better to expect and be prepared for the worst than to hope for the best and be let down. In other words, think negative. It saves a lot of fed-upness.