Wednesday 24 March 2010

Sunday 21st March 2010, people lining up for the one o'clock Sports Relief run

I went with my daughter and family to Brighton where some of the one mile sponsored runs that were taking place all over the country were being run in aid of Sports Relief.

I had toyed with the idea of tottering round the circular course myself, even though I hadn't registered, but by the time I'd tottered down to the far side of the pier from the station my hips, legs etc., were in dire need of a rest so I left it to the crazily dressed-up people, the hoolahoopers, the families, the youngsters, the people walking backwards, the dogs, and all the rest of the hoards who were helping to raise millions, and I sat on a concrete block and ate an icecream in the sun.

Wonderful that all the fun, happiness and excitement was raising so much money to help the vulnerable and poor.